This is a continuation of Part 1. Actually, I got part way through part 2, and I realized that I needed to upgrade Tuxedo to the latest version. I didn’t find that in the instructions that I was going through. So, anyway here are the steps I took to upgrade.
Removing the Old Tuxedo
From Add or Remove Programs, remove all old versions of Tuxedo:
I did have some issues later on with the BEA Home. Something didn’t fully uninstall here that causes WebLogic to crash. Later on I used a new BEA Home, and that fixed my problem. I probably should have spent some more time to determine what actually was causing the problem.
Please comment if you find it.
Installing the New Version
Then, I am working with 32-bit Windows, so I downloaded V20090-01.zip, which is “Tuxedo 10gR3 for MS Windows Server 2008 w/MS VS 2008 x86 32-bit”. This isn’t a supported, certified install, but that shouldn’t affect how things work or the steps that I am taking. You should just use the 64-bit version.
To be safe, I chose the “Full Install”:
I used the existing Oracle Home to install in the same place:
I checked to see if I needed to update my environment variables, and TUXDIR was already set correctly!