Please feel free to comment on anything you see that I have done wrong. I expect to learn about as much doing these articles as I help others with the information.
Fresh PeopleTools 8.52 on Windows 8
- Installing Windows 8 on VMWare or Installing Windows 8 on Virtual Box (coming soon)
- Installing Oracle Database on Windows 8
- Installing PeopleTools
- Installing the HR Application CD
- Creating the Database
- Installing Tuxedo
- Installing JRockit
- Installing WebLogic
- Creating the PeopleSoft Services
Upgrading to PeopleTools 8.51
This is a walk through of taking an image with PeopleTools 8.49/HRMS 9.0 and installing the latest version of PeopleTools on it.
- Part 1: Preparation Steps
- Part 1b: Ugrading Tuxedo
- Part 2: Installing the Software
- Part 3: Weblogic and PIA
- Part 4: Change Assistant
- Part 5: Running Change Assistant
- Step 6: Web Server Startup
- Step 7: Finishing Up
These guides help with coding Application Engine programs or demonstrate PeopleCode inside of an Application Engine program.
- Basic Steps to Create an Application Engine in PeopleSoft
- Create a PeopleCode Test Program
- Arrays Question
Explorations in Component Interface
I created these posts hoping to reproduce a bug or two in PeopleTools. It didn’t quite work out as expected, but maybe the exercises will help others.
- Part 1: Creating the Component Interface
- Part 2: Security
- Part 3: PeopleCode
- Part 4: Handling Errors
- Part 5: Revisited
Virtual PeopleSoft Installation
This was an attempt to build a PeopleSoft image on top of Linux using all free software. It was an attempt not for a production environment but for a place for experimentation and development. Unfortunately, I was not able to finish it. Hopefully, what I was able to get finished helps others.