I’ve been a little bit late on getting this written up and proofread. If you haven’t noticed recently, Oracle Support is rolling out a new format. The HTML option gets rid of the Flash requirement. You can choose it on the Sign In page.
You can skip the option part and go directly to:
I am a Chrome fan on Linux, and I have always had problems with the flash version. So far, this new version works great with my browser and OS.
It sounds like this is the way of the future:
Further enhancements to the HTML-based user interface are planned for the comming months, at which time we will transition users of the standard Flash-based interface.
You can check this article to keep up to date with these changes:
The look is slightly different, but it looks like everything is there. Here’s the old set of tabs:
Here’s the new set:
I guess I need to do a little research and figure out where the Collector is in the new version.
- Oracle E-Business Suite Communities Blog: The New My Oracle Support User Interface (HTML-based)
- Fusion Middleware Install & Administration: New Version of My Oracle Support (HTML) Interface
- Sydney Oracle Lab: Newsflash – the replacement for the Oracle Support HTML interface will be….HTML
- InfoWorld: Oracle support portal to get an HTML option
- Last In – First Out: Oracle Support portal: HTML 5 replaces Flash