Tip — Other Tools: Toad Installation Issue
Just recently, we installed the free version of Toad on a development VMWare server. After logging in, we received two error messages:
Access violation at address 00000000. Write of address 00000000.
Error loading SPServer.
I found the fix for these error messages at:
Basically, you must turn off Data Execution Prevention for Toad.
- Go to the System Properties:
Control Panel, System or Start Key+Pause/Break Key
- On the Advanced tab, click the Settings under Performance
- On the Performance Options, go to the Data Execution Prevention tab
- You should see selected: “Turn on DEP for all Programs and Services except those I select”
- Click the Add button, and browse to the Toad executable.
Probably: c:\Program Files\Quest Software\Toad for Oracle FREEWARE\Toad.exe
- Choose Ok/Apply for all the Windows and try to run Toad again.